Happy new year! How do you like my horoscope??? Ironically, it’s also the first day of work so first day of work = first day of the rest my life. Harhar.
Before I gush about how excited I am for this amazeballs year, I want to say a few words about 2011.
2011 didn’t start out great. I broke up with my ex when I found out he was cheating on me. I felt like shit because it really did feel like shit–it felt like you invested five years of your time to nothing. Boo!
I would’ve written so many emo and bitter things about it in my old blog, but I decided to open a new one instead (you’re looking at it). I’m also lucky because I have a fine set of amazing friends who lined up a whole slew of distractions I readily welcomed–Iyengar Yoga, tapas and wine overload, early happy hours, weekend beach getaways, mid-day movies and yogurt, and clubbing.
Ah, clubbing! A very good friend from college went out of his way to take me out every week (mostly to poke fun at ditz promoters and dance to our friend’s sets). Well, you guessed where that went. VGF = VMB. ❤ The end is where you start from.
That, Kylie, and the Eurotrip (sister’s wedding included!) made my year. Enough to cancel the bad stuff, and make me excited for 2012.
Another friend and I have this thing about giving slogans for the new year. I can’t remember last year–maybe it was Perfect 10, 2011 (still doesn’t make sense!). Twelve isn’t really an easy word to rhyme.
Crossing off things in our bucket list and going after what we want, in case the Mayans were right and the world would end soon. In my case, I really want to:
1. Keep saving money. I managed to reach my goal last year and now that I now I can do it, I hope I can be more consistent! I guess this article helped a lot!
2. Less bitching. I would’ve said Stop bitching, but I have to admit I can’t. Less negativity, more of being METAL (I love my very metal boyfriend for introducing me to this outlook, haha).
3. Work harder, embrace responsibility. Time to get off the scenic road and be more adult. Haha. Last year made me think of what I really want out of my job and helped me in mapping out how to make a career out of it, so I am honestly excited for the new challenges and opportunities 2012 will throw my way.
4. Take better care of myself. Eat better, move more. Wash my face before going to bed.
5. Keep doing “stuff”. Blogging/writing, sewing, cooking, going off different places, taking pictures. It seems easy to say, but sometimes, the Internet just sucks you in.
6. Unplug more. I spend almost all my waking hours online, and this keeps me from doing #5. And yeah, there really isn’t a need to update everyone on what I’m doing every single minute and I shouldn’t obsess over their lives when I’ve gone mine to manage. Haha.
7. Travel to a new destination. An annual to do! 🙂 I’m hoping to see more beaches this year (I only went to one last year…BOO).
8. Hang out with this guy whenever I can. The easiest thing on the list!
Oh, I also have a feeling I will be going to an epic, life-changing concert this year. Crossing my fingers!
Cheers to a good year up ahead 😉